Blessings in Disguise
Tuesday, April 5, 2011 11:40 AM
post a comment (3)
“The size of your success is measured by the strength of your desire; the size of your dream; and how you handle disappointment along the way.”

Most of you know already that I didn't get the job I applied for at the Custer County Chief. The publisher told me (to cushion my fall, no doubt) that my competition had a degree in Journalism with a focus in Sports Reporting, which looks pretty impressive next to my complete lack of sports smarts. Although this was not the job I wanted to have for the rest of my life anyway, I was still disappointed for unfathomable reasons.

I am no longer disappointed. Because here comes, creeping up, something less profitable but even more enjoyable and potentially rewarding than being a sports junky. I have been hired as a subcontractor for the paper to produce weekly photo pages (and articles when fitting), including front page photos.

I like to think of myself as a "Freelance Photographer" over "Subcontractor", because that title moves me exponentially closer to my lifetime goal of being more like Spiderman.

So I will be covering a Children's Fair next week for my first assignment and developing a spread on Spring in the Sandhills: and I have three more assignments lined up.

God is pretty good.


{older posts / recent posts}